Saturday 15 January 2011

HOLY FLYING SHIT I DID IT !!!


















Why hellow people !
It's a bit of an informal greeting, but U'll get used 2 it if U're new 2 my style ...

So basically this is my 2nd blog, this is my 1st blog.
This post is mainly about this blog's layout, which I just spent HOURS fine tuning so it looks GOOD !
And CSS is a bitch ... but not that much 'cause it's working in the end so I'm content :-)
Oh and U should know that this blog is about the making of this website, hence the link at the top.

OK so basically what I did for the layout, as using a pre-created layout is out of the question, is work it out from my 1st blog (which looked like this when I started messing around with the code) so this blog's 1st layout was that ... not so groovy, I agree there.
So I went to dig out an old background I created myself a long time ago, stuck it on here, then messed around with CSS for a couple of hours, came up with a cool header picture, and BAMS, here it is ! IDK, I like it ... it's not all perfect yet, there's a couple of things that could be made better, like the comments section, but I'll start worrying about that when I get coments ... if I ever do.

Now why "Peter Whyts", you ask ? Well Peter Whyts (which derives from my middle name, Pierre, which gives you "Peter" in English and "Whyts" which derives "DJ YTS", an even older alias, which itself derived from "Yann the Stranger) is my old artist name from the times long ago (like, Middle~High School) when I used to make music on Fruity Loops ... that's damn right, Fruity Loops !!! But more like FL 3.4, FL 4 & up to FL 5 or so, not the latest versions ... obviously if it was a while back !
For the ones interested I still have 2 tracks from that era online on this old (German lol) website ... I did quite a couple of graphics that I'd use for my tracks too, there's one of them where you can see my symbol clearly ...
I'd work all that stuff out on MSPaint & sometimes even Word back then, I'll have to revamp my old symbol on InDesign, but now not, later on during this module.

Anyways so I worked out this old background from one of FL 3.4's default background !
The default looks like this (that's stolen straight from the software's system files lol).
Then I came along and MSPainted stuff onto it (this is how you do it kids lol). I used various assets in there, but one of them was an MSN icon I had created from the MyOwnMusic website's banner ... undortunately I could not fine the original icon back.
And Ta-Da ! There's ye background ! With my signature on it ... neat !

Last thing, I spent MORE ages messing around with the title pic so it could reditect to the website ... but I did it in the end. And I also added a neat pic that redirects to the other blog so ... YAY :-D !

So what you see here is what I came up for, as a general layout for this blog.
Like I said there's a couplf of things here & there that I'm not too happy with but all in all it should remain among those lines.

So, enjoy the posts, ciao !

No comments:

Post a Comment